Work Schedule - Will primarily work on day shift, Monday – Friday. At times, days/shifts may vary as necessary. 100% on-site, On-call to handle off-hour lab issues.
Cloverland Dairy is located in Baltimore City, Maryland, where we provide over 300 jobs for local residents. Our products can be found in hospitals, private and public schools, institutions, convenience stores and supermarkets throughout the Mid Atlantic area. Restaurants, airports, and hotels know that our products are wholesome and delicious – and their clientele agree!
For more than a century, Cloverland has been synonymous with wholesome, delicious milk and other quality products. We are proud to be a member of our community and support local businesses and organizations.
Cloverland Farms Dairy is seeking a Lab Manager that will assist the Director QA on maintaining a quality and safe product for our customers. The ideal candidate is responsible for oversight of the lab techs and help to maintain laboratory documentation required by the PMO, regulatory policies, and SQF.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all employees who perform Laboratory duties described in the “Laboratory Technician Daily Responsibilities”, when applicable, and to assist in the lab responsibilities when there is no lab technician on site.
- Joint responsibility with the Sr. QA Manager to maintain laboratory programs, procedures, and controls.
- Joint responsibility with the Sr. QA Manager to maintain and set up the proper procedures, documents, troubleshooting guides, “What If…” and calibration for all laboratory testing equipment.
- Order buttermilk cultures and manage the buttermilk culture program.
- Monthly, check and maintain calibrations for Rosa incubator timer, cryoscopy, laboratory pipettors, and scales, and FTIR/NIR spectroscopy equipment.
- Perform daily record review of raw milk trucks, raw and finished product analysis sheets. Immediately report and discrepancies to the Director of Food Safety & Quality Assurance.
- Track and maintain data and metrics associated with product Keeping Quality evaluations.
- Be the liaison between the lab and production.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Possess the ability to work independently, investigate areas of opportunity, solve problems, strong attention to detail, communication, and leadership skills.
- Understand HACCP, GMP’s, PCQI and SQF with associated certification a plus.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and other job-related software applications.
- Experience in related Laboratory environment or experience in food manufacturing processing and/or BS Degree in Food or Dairy Science, or certification in laboratory technology from a certified college.
Pre-employment physical, drug screen and background check required. Cloverland Farms Dairy is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer for all including Women, Minorities, Veterans, and Individuals with disabilities.